Sunday, February 16, 2014

Compliments & Cupcakes

There are men. And then there are the insanely good looking ones. The Channing Tatums or Ryan Goslings of real life. You know, the ones you see walking down the street who make you forget you have knees. The ones you could never actually go on a date with, because, well, they'd have to know you exist. And you'd have to string together coherent sentences... and not drool all over yourself at the same time. Yeah, those men. 

Somewhere on my bucket list of dreams I had written: "Have insanely gorgeous man tell you you're beautiful."  

It was so far down, buried even, on the list that I had forgotten it was even there. Until it happened.  For real.  

In that moment, I couldn't have told you if I had knees. Or pointed to where they should have been. Heck, I could barely croak out "thank you" (though I tried... more than once.) 

Sometimes, in the middle of the mundaneness of life, someone hands you a cupcake. With sprinkles on top.  Grab it.  Enjoy  it.  Because it actually is your life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment